Latest posts by Alvin Bryan (see all)
- Millionaire Tyupkin Malware ATM Hackers May Come to US, India After Hitting Europe - October 23, 2014
- BitLicense Will Allow Bitcoin Spying in New York - October 22, 2014
- Australians are Fighting Data Retention Laws - October 22, 2014
Asia VPNs are in demand these days for very good reasons. More content restrictions are being applied. Greater cybercriminal activity has been detected. International spying activities continue to threaten online privacy. But only the best Asia VPNs can truly protect Internet users from these threats while opening their access to content.
What Defines the best Asia VPNs?
The best Asia VPNs need to protect user privacy and provide online security, primarily. This means offering excellent encryption levels, private tunneling technology and data security. Not only do user data and activities need to be protected from malicious third parties on the Internet. They also need to be kept private from other agencies. Some VPNs may indiscriminately share or sell data to the government and advertisers. Asia VPNs need to have clear privacy policies and terms of service that protect users. And those that are not tied by data retention laws are better. Asia VPNs should also not keep logs of user activities for more than a few days. That’s all they need for maintenance. Any longer and they could be sharing data. Having shared IP addresses is another plus because this provides better anonymity to users. Multiple users on one IP can prevent others from tracking and profiling users.
The best Asia VPNs will also encourage users to make the most of other anonymous services like private email providers and anti-browser tracking tools. They will help people with tutorials and information on complete Internet security, not just using their Asia VPNs. They should also provide good 24/7 support. This means they are concerned about users even after they have paid.
The best Asia VPNs also need to be fast, versatile and cheap yet secure. VPN speed is a major issue. A lot of people don’t use Asia VPNs because they are too slow. So fast Asia VPNs means more people staying safe online. The best Asia VPNs also provide a range of protocols and server connections. People need to tailor their connections to their needs. This versatility means the ability to balance security and speed, and protocols that work best to give them access to what they need. And the number of servers and location they can use also means they are more anonymous and therefore more secure. Ease of use supports this versatility. An interface that is clear and appealing means the service cares that people use it properly.
Another major marker is cost. Asia VPNs also need to be affordable yet provide the options that people need. One test of Asia VPNs’ reliability is an offer of a long trial period so people can really get a feel for the service. And the payment systems that the best Asia VPNs accept should be secure systems. Asia VPNs that are not concerned about secure payments are not likely to be truly concerned about user security.
Top Pick of Asia VPNs
From all the criteria discussed above, there is one VPN service that stands out. ExpressVPN matches up very well with the standards we concluded make the best Asia VPNs:
• OpenVPN by default for the best balance of security and speed with no known vulnerabilities; L2TP/IPSec and PPTP options
• Shared server IP addresses
• Encourage the use of other online privacy tools and provide clear tutorials and information on all-around online security
• Reliable and knowledgeable 24/7 customer support
• Multiple fast servers in many locations; no limitations on number of server connections or bandwidth consumption
• Clear interface with server and protocol options for ease of use
• Reasonable pricing with no extra charges for server or protocol connections and switching
• 30-day money-back guarantee for service testing
• Payments through secure online payment gateways such as PayPal