Latest posts by Alvin Bryan (see all)
- Millionaire Tyupkin Malware ATM Hackers May Come to US, India After Hitting Europe - October 23, 2014
- BitLicense Will Allow Bitcoin Spying in New York - October 22, 2014
- Australians are Fighting Data Retention Laws - October 22, 2014
If you are living outside the US and miss watching Netflix on Xbox, you can use a VPN. With an IP address from the US, you can log into your Netflix account like you were in the US. You can circumvent location restrictions through reliable VPN server rerouting. With high VPN security, your VPN server will prevent your real IP from being detected.
Netflix is currently available only in the US the UK (Ireland), Canada, Brazil. And the content that you get in the US is different from what you would see if you were in the UK. The same is true for the other available areas. If you are not in any of these countries, you won’t get access at all. But if you connect through a VPN service, you can get Netflix on Xbox and access any of the available content. No matter where you are, all you have to do is connect to a VPN server in the country that hosts the content and you are all set. You won’t get any error messages about the website being unavailable in your country. When you open the website, you will be directed to the site where you get that country’s content. For example, if you want Netflix Canada, you connect to the Canadian VPN server on your provider’s server list and go to Netflix.com. You will be redirected to Canadian content automatically.
One thing you have to consider if you want to stream Netflix on Xbox is your VPN speed. Choose a provider that is known for the best speeds. And make sure they have servers in the countries where you want to access Netflix content. The Xbox 360 has awesome graphics, but you need speed for the videos to stream nicely.
Hooking up to Get Netflix on Xbox 360
Once you have your high-speed VPN connection set up, you’ll need to follow a few steps to get Netflix on Xbox set up to display on your TV. First, you will need a Gold Netflix account if you don’t already have one. You can start a free trial, which is explained in Step 3 below. Here are the Xbox connection steps:
1. Check your Xbox Internet connection
2. Go to Video Marketplace on the Xbox 360’s main menu and press the A button.
3. Open Netflix on Xbox and click “Yes” to Activate Instant Streaming. If you don’t have a Gold Netflix account, you can upgrade from Silver or click “No” to start your free trial. You will be prompted on what to do next.
4. Wait for the activation code to sync Gold Netflix on Xbox. Go to http://www.netflix.com/NRD/Xbox on your PC and enter the activation code you received. Click activate and wait for your Instant Queue to appear on the Xbox screen.
5. Scroll through the queue and remove items or select the item you want to watch and press the “A” button. This opens the video details page and play options. For TV programs, this is where you select which episode you want.
6. If you see a video you want to watch, you can skip the video details page by pressing the “Y” button.
7. When you’ve chosen, select “Play” and press the “A” button. For TV series, select “Play Episode”.
And that’s it, you are all set to sit back and enjoy Netflix on Xbox, wherever in the world you happen to be.